ML. 6: Formulating Corporate Strategy
Accredited by: LONDON INSTITUTE OF SKILLS DEVELOPMENT SIGNATURE PROGRAMME
“Where is your organisation going and how is it going to get there?” are two fundamental questions that stakeholders ask of any organisation. The purpose of our LISD Certified “Formulating Corporate Strategy” training course is to answer these questions and to develop the skills, knowledge and experience of delegates in three important areas.
The first is strategic planning, including developing organisational strategies; defining the outcomes required and measuring success. The second foundation is to understand and apply the strategic management tools to ensure smooth implementation.
These include understanding the environment, mitigating risk, defining the benefits and creating a roadmap. The third foundation is implementing all the ideas and plans, ensuring that they achieve the original objectives.
|Subject:||Formulating Corporate Strategy|
|Venue:||London School of Economics, U.K|
Who should attend?
- Managers who would like to be an LISD Certified Management Leaders
- Heads of Department
- Senior Managers
- Fresh Graduates
- MBA students
- Keen learners to Target a Promising Position in a reputable organization
By the end of the course delegates will be able to:
- Create strategies which enable an organisation to achieve its vision, goals and objectives
- Develop supporting systems and structures to underpin and ensure the success of all strategies
- Apply relevant measures of progress to enable action to be taken to overcome any challenges to the implementation of the strategies
Formulating Strategy to Achieve Vision
- Agree vision, mission, culture and values of organisation
- Analyse where organisation is now
- Decide where the organisation wants to be, and by when
- Selecting best strategic options to get there
Structures, Processes and Procedures
- Budget creation, monitoring and control
- Costing techniques and margin management
- Resource allocation and balancing priorities
- Creating systems to monitor effectiveness of implementation
Measurement and Reporting
- Setting long-term goals and manageable short-term targets
- Building contingencies into the strategy
- Measuring at clearly-defined milestones
- Reporting and incorporating feed-back